Monday, February 12, 2007

Put a question to Regina Spektor!

regina spektorGadzooks! I'll be interviewing Russian-born, New York-based songstress Regina Spektor tomorrow morning.

Regina topped my list of the best albums of 2006, so I'm massively excited about the 15 minutes I get to spend in her company. But if you've got a burning question you'd like me to ask, stick it in the comments field and I'll do my best to put it to her.

UK readers may not know too much about Regina, but her she's been a proper word-of-mouth success story in the States over the past year. Words used by the US press to describe her include idiosyncratic, magical, fantastical and fan-fucking-tastic (okay, the last one was me).

After a lengthy wait, her excellent Fidelity single is coming out in the UK in March and the album, Begin To Hope, is receiving a new push from Warner Brothers. If you haven't got it already I recommend - no, insist - that you buy it post haste.

In the meantime, you can hear / download Regina's appearance on Gideon Coe's 6 Music show last week by following this link.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage