Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Olive branch for Britney?

While the media slowly help Britney towards an early grave in Malibu, at least one person is thinking about how to get maximum exposure for their new album how they can help the fallen pop angel.

That person is Timbaland. You may have heard of him. He's that producer bloke that keeps saying "I am Timbaland" over the top of otherwise decent records by Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake. Here's his take on Britters:

"I feel her pain, it really bothers me," he said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine in the US. The reporter doesn't reveal whether she was a little bit sick in her mouth at that point.

"I'm the type of person who tries to save the world. I just want to take her away, go overseas, and work (it) out."

I'm not sure how taking Britney overseas would help save the world. Maybe she's got a bomb in her trousers?

"I just want to hold her hand," continues Timbo - who is about to go on tour with Justin Timberlake. "I want her to be in my camp, to be around Justin. I need Justin to talk to her. Help her, please!"

Wait a minute. Didn't Justin used to go out with Britney, or something? ...[five minutes later]... I've just checked it out and apparently, yes, he was linked to Britney for a couple of years. It's amazing they didn't make a bigger thing out of that at the time.

"I asked Justin: 'How would you feel about me working with Britney?'," says Timbaland. "I said: 'Would you do it with me?'". According to Entertainment Weekly Justin replied that, yes, he would. And he'd help Britney out, too.

The main question here - given the ridiculous gossip surrounding Britney's every move - is whether this story has any truth in it at all. Sensing that it may be a complete fabrication, news agency the Associated Press tried to check it out. Here's what they say:

"Timberlake's spokeswoman, Sonia Muckle, referred inquiries to Timbaland's spokeswoman, Monique Idlett, who didn't immediately respond to a phone call".

Of course, they ran the story anyway...

There is, however, some real Britney news today. Her website has just relaunched with the following picture:

Oh sweet Jesus, what has she done to her feet?!?!?!?

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage