Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Playing space invaders with Bjork

I've just downloaded the new Bjork single from iTunes and... it's a corker.

I was a massive fan of the Icelandic nutcase during the Debut / Post / Homogenic era, but my appreciation of her more recent work has been more, shall we say, intellectual. That is, I listen to it once while thinking to myself "oh, that's quite clever" before putting cotton wool in my ears to stem the bleeding.

But the new single (it's called Earth Intruders) is a different matter all together. Produced by Timbaland, it blows the socks off his tepid egowank of an album. In fact, it's so good it blows those socks into orbit. Around Venus. 20,000 years in the future.

Typically for a Bjork song, I haven't a clue what it's all about. The most repeated words are "twigs and branches". Bjork appears to be using said timber products to molest some jam jars. It is a glorious cacophony.


Bjork - Earth Invaders

PS: Is this what the whole twigs and branches thing is about?

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage