Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A glorious summer mix CD for you!

Have you noticed that it's summer? Workers are neglecting their desks and eating lunch in the park, ice cream is melting slowly down children's fingers, and we're all wearing skinny T-shirts.

Except, of course, they aren't, it isn't and, no, we're not. Summer has officially gone missing, and the only thing to remind me it's here is an email from the funjunkies website, telling me to put my Summer Burn CD in the post.

That Summer Burn CD, if you remember my earlier post, is a compilation of songs that are actually guaranteed to make the sun shine. Through the magnificent benevolence of the funkjunie chaps, I send a copy to two people who send me their own compilation in return. It's like Noel Edmond's Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, but without the chunky knitwear. Or Keith Chegwin.

And, as a special treat for you, I've put an MP3 of it over here. Download it, listen to it, smell it, love it, cuddle it. All I ask in return is a white chocolate Magnum*.

TRACKLISTING
1) Camille Yarbrough - Take Yo Praise
2) Jackie Wilson - The Sweetest Feeling
3) Jamie Lidell - Multply
4) Lindy Stevens - Pennygold
5) Solomon Burke - Home In Your Heart
6) James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
7) The JBs - The Grunt (Parts I &II)
8) Foster Sylvers - Misdemeanour
9) Jorge Ben - Take It Easy My Brother Charles
10) Al Green - Simply Beautiful
11) Aretha Franklin - Baby, I Love You
12) Jean Knight - Mr Big Stuff
13) Amerie - Gotta Work
14) Teddy Pendergrass - Love TKO
15) Freda Payne - Unhooked
16) The Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles
17) Diana Ross - Tenderness
18) Richie Havens - Going Back To My Roots
19) Prince - Let's Work (Extended Dance Mix)

Front cover
Back Cover

*That's the ice cream, not the firearm.**
**Actually, either would be fine.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage