Thursday, August 9, 2007

Guitars!!!

I never bought into the whole rap metal "scene". Partly because it confused rap with shouting and partly because... well, it was just shit, wasn't it? Limp Bizkit actually called one of their albums Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water. Then, to make sure we weren't confused by the subtle innuendo, they painted a starfish with an anus on the cover. Let's not forget that Limp Bizkit contained five grown men, all of whom must have agreed that this was a good idea.

I think Ben Folds summed up the whole movement best in Rockin' The Suburbs:
Ya'll don't know what it's like
Being male, middle class and white
It gets me real pissed off
And it makes me wanna say 'fuck'


So, it is with a small amount of amazement (and self-disgust) that I discover Linkin Park's new single is quite good. This comes after their previous single was also quite good. Hell may have frozen over. Who knows?

Have a look at the video and tell me what you think, through a not-at-all relevant comparison with everyday food items...



Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage