Friday, November 23, 2007

Cassie is back!

Cassie's self-titled debut album was one of my guilty pleasures last year... It was completely generic US R&B, but somehow the songs stuck in my brain - even if the singles after Me & U underperformed quite badly.

A former model, Cassie has turned up this year in videos by Kanye West (Stronger) and Mario (Here I Go Again), while recording her sophomore album, Step Up.

The first single from that record is called Is It You. Like her previous stuff, it's not going to launch a new musical movement or reinvent R&B, but it's a catchy little slice of slinky urban pop. Built around a dirty synthesised guitar riff, it reminds me of Ashanti's Only U. Expect to hear in a Top Shop near you soon.

Take a listen to the track below and let me know what you think.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage