Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ready For The Floor. Or not.

I've been sitting on the fence about the new Hot Chip single for two months now. Before it hit the top 10, everyone kept telling me "this new Hot Chip single is totally amazing and it will change the world" and I was all "yeah, but it sounds like an kitsch remix of a novelty record and that bloke sings like Charlie Brown."

Nonetheless, the chorus has been swimming round my head like a singing tadpole for the last couple of weeks.

Every so often, I call up the video on my swanky on-demand telly service and attempt to reappraise it. But no. The video is one of the most teeth-grindingly irritating things ever to have existed, so that doesn't help.

Then today I saw the following clip of the band performing the song live on Jimmy Kimmel's US talk show. Suddenly, it seems, the song has grown balls of steel. There are a plethora of meaty guitar chops and the bloke in glasses now sounds marginally less weedy than my nan's garden.

Have a look and tell me what you think...

Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor (live)


Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage