Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Katy Perry's new video

We like Katy Perry, but her "look at me, I'm so terribly controversial" histrionics are beginning to grate... She's like that aunt who always turns up at family reunions and insists on showing everyone her bra to prove how fantastically liberated / youthful / drunk and lonely she is.

So, it's a good thing that Ms Perry is in more reflective mood on the third (fourth?) single from One Of The Boys. Thinking Of You, a ballad, finds her mooning over her ex-boyfriend while in the middle of a rebound relationship. The best bit goes like this:

He kissed my lips
I taste your mouth
He pulled me in
I was disgusted with myself


The video places the song in a slightly different context, with the boyfriend cast as a soldier on the frontline of the Second World War. It's touching, sombre and kind of unexpected... Plus, Katy looks right at home in those pointy-bra 1950s outfits. Top notch.

Katy Perry - Thinking Of You


This acoustic version of the song is pretty cracking, too:

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage