Monday, March 1, 2010

Whodafunk?



That's right, Prince, punch your tiny purple fist in the sky, because you have done the unthinkable and recorded something distinctly "not rubbish" for the general consumption of the public.

Now, as with anything post Diamonds and Pearls, this is not an entirely successful endeavour. So, to help you decide whether or not to click on the play button, here is a list of the good bits and bad bits.

ProsCons
Opening line: "If I had the chance to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing except my next of kinFake crowd sound effects do not convey authenticity
Glorious gospel harmonies in the middle eightIt's all a bit Lenny Kravitz
Fret-busting guitar solo'Heavy' rock breakdown has featured on every Prince record since The Rainbow Children
Second fret-busting guitar soloThe line: "I am what I am because & effect" (a) means nothing and (b) sounds like Popeye
This line: "If I could leave myself just one little note, I'd say you need to be a superstar or grow up, but not both"It's not Little Red Corvette


The song premiered on Minnesota Public Radio over the weekend. Their embedded player thingy is below - but if that doesn't work, visit their blog instead.



Thanks to Suzy for the tip-off!

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage