Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"I'm not dead tonight"

What could be better than coupling a beautiful summer groove with a morbid lyric about overdosing, suicide and indescribable pain?

Nothing, that's what.

Lauren Pritchard - Painkillers


Lauren Pritchard is a 22-year-old from Jackson, Tennessee, who says her songs are inspired by gospel, soul and... er, Billy Joel.

Tonally, her single reminds me of The Young Disciples' epic All I Have In Me, but with a 21st Century, Amy Winehouse spin.

Check out Lauren's MySpace for more music and a free remix of Painkillers (which could be terrible, I haven't bothered to listen to it. What do you want from me? Thorough research?)

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage