Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lissie's unbearably cute mini-me video

Lissie - sultry


Let's not beat around the bush here: I fucking love Lissie's debut album, Catching A Tiger.

I am making this unequivocal statement because, last time I wrote about Lissie, I compared her to Sheryl Crow, which some people interpreted as being negative (it wasn't).

The Californian singer's new single Cuckoo is the song that cemented that comparison for me. With chords as wide as the open road, and a whisky-soured rites of passage lyric, the chorus features the line: "I fell in love with being defiant, in a pick up truck that roared like a lion" - which isn't a million miles away from Crow's: "I spent the best part of my losing streak in an Army Jeep, from what I can recall" (from Run, Baby, Run).

The video picks up the older-but-not-necessarily-wiser theme, starring a miniature version of the bespeckled Lissie learning the art of rebellion.

Lissie - Cuckoo


The single is out on 30th August in the UK.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage