Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Heavens above, it's a new Amy Winehouse song

Blimey the internet has more leaks than a sieve at the moment. The latest song to find its way into the wild is by Amy Winehouse, who has covered Lesley Gore's It's My Party (although I always preferred Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin's gothic 1980s remake).

It's her first new material since she recorded Cupid for a Radio 1 anniversary album back in 2007. Indeed, this could have from the same Mark Ronson-supervised session. What I'm trying to say here, basically, is that is has horns on it.

It's My Party is intended for a Quincy Jones compilation album Q: Soul Bossa Nostra, which is out in the US next week. The whole enterprise is very entertaining until the 'cor blimey luv-a-duck spoken word section, at which point I fell off my chair laughing and bruised my coccyx.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage