Monday, January 10, 2011

Britney's new single: Instant thoughts


0:01 **Presses play**

0:07 Thrilling wobbly bassline moment.

0:08 Britney's vocals start. Surprising absence of autotune.

0:27 "Come here a little closer, I want to whisper in your ear."

0:30 The next line is sung at normal volume. Britney has just perforated some poor bastard's eardrum.

0:47 "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"

1:06 Oh, was that the chorus?

1:24 Britney sings "hazy", pronounced "hai-zay".

1:53 "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"

2:11 Spoken word section.

2:17 Unexpected dubstep breakdown. This is where the video will get really good.

2:40 "Robin like a hood, and show me how you work it out". What does this mean, exactly?

2:47 Someone call Faithless, Britney has stolen that one setting off their keyboard.

3:01 CRESCENDO OF AMAZINGNESS.

3:10 "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"

3:26 "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"

3:37 "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"

3:47 **Presses repeat**

Basically, it's very good. Very, very good. The-album-will-never-live-up-to-this good. Almost too good.

Below is a YouTube clip of the song, which leaked earlier today. It was working at 14:50 this afternoon, but will probably have vanished by the time you look at this page. Damn you, lawyers.

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me


[Update: @idreamofbeanie contacted me on Twitter to suggest the line at 2:40 is "Pop it like a hood, and show me how you work it out", which might make more sense. Or less. It's hard to tell.]

Labels: ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage