Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A band called Fight Like Apes

I'll keep this brief, as I'm typing one-handed after an ill-advised "stunt" on my bike this morning, but here's a new indie/pop/alternative band I like, and I think you will, too.

Like Jedward, Guinness and planting a saucy kiss on a clammy rock, they are immensely popular in Ireland. They are called Fight Like Apes and their last album was nominated for the Irish equivalent of the Mercury Prize. A new record is on it's way next month and it goes by the fantastic title The Body Of Christ And The Legs Of Tina Turner.

Here's the single, which is called Jenny Kelly, and is quite marvellously fruity.

Fight Like Apes - Jenny Kelly

Labels: ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage