Thursday, June 23, 2011

Next stop: Farmville

There will be a short break in service while I report at, then recover from, a large music festival in the middle of England. You might hear me if you tune in to 6 Music... but not during Adam & Joe (*pouty face*)

Sadly, work commitments mean I won't get to see Beyoncé's headline set on Sunday night. I think we can all agree she's going to own Glastonbury, though. And here's why... Even when she dashes off an obligatory Destiny's Child number, she's 20 times the performer you or I or "Chris Martin" will ever be.

Beyoncé - Say My Name (live)


Amazing.

If you're festival-bound yourself, I'm mainly reporting from the John Peel tent (highlights: DJ Shadow, The Joy Formidable, Noah And The Whale, Example, Robyn, Foster The People). If you see someone holding a 6 Music microphone with the manic expression of a feral lemur, come over and say "hi".

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage