Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm back - and so is Marina

So this is it: The big launch single from Marina and the Diamonds's second album, Electra Heart. Primadonna is a big fruity kick in the guts, tailor-made for daytime radio. Best of all, Dr Luke's production doesn't sound like a cheap Katy Perry cast-off *cough* Jessie J *cough*.

The lyrics - which have been COMPLETELY TRANSCRIBED IN CAPITAL LETTERS on the official YouTube page - are all about Marina's perceived personality flaws. Except they're not because Marina is playing one of her many cleverly conceived "characters". But what the heck, I love this line.

"I know I've got a big ego
I really don't know why it's such a big deal, though"


Here is the video. Nice cardigan.


Marina And The Diamonds - Primadonna


Electra Heart comes out on 30th April but you only get former single Radioactive if you order the Deluxe edition. What a swizz. (I will be ordering the deluxe edition.)

PS This picture, from Marina's Electra Heart Tumblr, is 100% fantasmajesticles.


Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage