Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The evolution of Cheryl Cole videos

The video for Cheryl's new single Call My Name has just popped up online. It's her 30th - thirtieth - video, so let's take a look back at Cheryl's on-screen appearances, and how they've developed over the last decade.


A sobering look back at fashion, there. But the main point is how confident Cheryl has become over the years. Call My Name has none of the nervous face-pulling and winking at the camera that plagued the early Girls Aloud videos. Here, Cheryl smoulders like a melting nuclear reactor, and the choreography is fantastic - punchy and aggressive.

What's more, the video opens with a quote from notorious 19th Century sex-pest Marquis De Sade: "The only way to a woman's heart is along the path of torment". Which is a little darker than "should have hung around the kitchen in my underwear", I suppose.

Still, if we're doing quotes, I'll stick with Voltaire: "The ear is the avenue to the heart." Call My Name takes the motorway.

Cheryl - Call My Name

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage