Monday, June 10, 2013

A*M*E and the fine art of "video face"

One of the most important weapons in a pop star's arsenal is the ability to pull stupid faces in music videos. Here are my top 10 all-time favourites.

10) David Bowie and Mick Jagger

"...Bet you can't catch this Malteser in your mouth."


9) The Edge

"For the last time, Bono, I am certain you don't have verrucas."


8) Britney Spears

"Does anyone remember how to take this coat off?"


7) Dave Grohl

"I don't want to freak you out, but I think I'm beginning to lactate."


6) Elton John

"I feel awesome. I look awesome. I am awesome."


5) Erica Mena

"Honestly, I'm as surprised as you are that my shirt popped open when I lay down in this bath."


4) George Michael

"I wonder if she knows I borrowed her hair spray?"

3) Prince

"OK, guys, who farted?"


2) Nicki Minaj

"Seriously, though, who farted?"


1) Timbaland

"Er... Sorry, everyone."


It would appear that A*M*E has been paying close attention to this aspect of her burgeoning musical career, because the video for her new single Heartless has approximately 17 "Rita Hayworth gave good face" moments.

She hasn't quite settled on her signature look yet, but I reckon it's only a matter of time before she elbows her way into that top 10.

A*M*E - Heartless

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage