Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elliphant in the room

It's not an earth-shattering musical innovation, but mixing dancehall reggae and Swedish pop is at the very least "quite interesting". And that makes producer/MC Elliphant (Ellinor Olovsdotter to her gran) "quite interesting" because that is what she has done.

Before you close this page and listen to the MKS single again, I should point out that Elliphant comes from the same production stable as Icona Pop - and that her new single has the same gleeful air-punching vibrancy as I Love It.

Music Is Life is one of those "only when I'm dancing can I feel this free" odes to popular song. "You may be poor but music is free," says Elliphant, while Jamaican reggae artist Ras Fraser Jr, rhymes "Sweden and France" with "jump and prance".

I defy you to sit still while listening to it.

Elliphant - Music Is Life

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage