Thursday, November 7, 2013

Jason Nevins has done a good Eminem remix

Notorious gay rights advocate Eminem has the UK's official number one, thanks to his (fourth) collaboration with Rihanna, The Monster.

The duet is one of those songs where rich and famous people whinge about how difficult it is being rich and famous. But Eminem's lyrics ("I'm getting so huge I need a shrink") elevate the track above the usual self-help flannery.

According to MTV, the rapper chose Rihanna to sing the hook because they're both "a little nuts".

"That's one of the things that I was telling her in making the record: I think that people look at us a little crazy," he said. "As soon as I got the beat I just heard her on it."

Apparently, a proper video for the single is in the works. Until then, here's a four-to-the-floor remix by Jason "Remember me from the 1990s" Nevins. He ups the tempo and plonks a rave-o-tronic synth riff over the top. Solid work.

Eminem ft Rihanna - The Monster (Jason Nevins Remix)

Labels: , , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage