Friday, January 24, 2014

Screengrab of the week: Kyla La Grange

I'll be honest, I'd written Kyla La Grange off after her first album - a non-terrible, but largely inessential collection of songs stitched together from Florence and the Machine's cast-offs.

So it took me a week or so to listen to her new single, and now I'm kicking myself for it. Cut Your Teeth is a diaphanous whisper in your ear. A sleek, swooning siren song. A mystical glimpse of pop majesty. The sort of single that has journalists grasping clumsily for adequate vocabulary.

I have clearly failed in that respect. So here's the video instead.

Kyla La Grange - Cut Your Teeth

PS: You can read the treatment for the video here. It says the directors reference "classic 80s and 90s children's movies Gremlins, Never Ending Story and Dark Crystal adding their own dark twist." Am I alone in failing to see get of those references? Where is Mogwai? Where is Falkor? Where is Phoebe Cates?

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage