Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tinie Tempah: Not Letting Go

He's back! And he's remembered how to make a catchy single again!

It's everyone's favourite London MC Tinie Tempah, with a shiny, upbeat love song - a refreshing change from the hand-wringing "I'm famous and it's horrible" lyrics on his last album.

With a sample from James Brown's Funky Drummer, a hook from Jess Glynne, and a reliably tongue-in-cheek verse from Mr Tempah ("I hope I'm still with you when your hair gets thinner") Never Letting Go a refreshingly summery track. Which was the intention all along, apparently.

"I've been a fan of Jess since I heard her song Home," said Tinie in a press release announcing the single. "We met properly at the Brits last year and spoke about doing something together. Both being Londoners, I wanted to make a song that captured that London summertime feeling which is always the best time of the year for me and the time where I've had my most romantic experience. So it's an ode to a girl I met and our experiences in this amazing city we call home - London!"

Listen below. Never Letting Go is out in the summer.

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage