Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Video: Ellie Goulding - On My Mind

There comes a stage in every artist's career where they simply have to bring a horse to the hair salon. Today, it is Ellie Goulding's turn.


The scene is one of many peculiar / brilliant moments in the video for Ellie's new single On My Mind. The story, which sees Ellie wreak her revenge on a dirty no-good boyfriend, is in many a PG-rated version of Rihanna's Bitch Better Have My Money video, but that's a good thing.

Here is the embedded video player with which you can view the aforementioned clip.

Ellie Goulding - On My Mind

By the way - Ellie has gone on the record to deny that the single is about Ed Sheeran, even though it is clearly about Ed Sheeran.

As I mentioned last week, On My Mind contains several lyrical and thematic similarities to Ed's record Don't, which detailed the messy end of the couple's relationship. Ellie's song even references a boy with tattoos, of which Ed has many.

But the singer has insisted to MTV that fans were reading too much into the track.

"I’m sorry to all the people that want it to be about someone, it’s not, it’s like a myth," she said. "I like guys with tattoos, my boyfriend [McBusted's Dougie Poynter] has tattoos... but I don’t mind. People can read into it however they want. It’s fun to do that, I would do that too."

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage