Monday, October 12, 2015

Ciara gets dark on Rolling Stones cover

This is simply fantastic - Ciara ditches the bumping and grinding for a chilling, gothic interpretation of The Rolling Stones' Paint It, Black.

Taken from Vin Diesel's latest film The Last Witch Hunter (nb: it looks awful), the song is one of the best things Ciara's ever done - a slow-building, threatening soundtrack to the end of days.

Interestingly, the singer seems to share my opinion, telling Rolling Stone "I had never thought to cover this song. It was never on my radar... [but] I love what the producer Adrianne Gonzales did."

"The direction that she went in was actually a sound I've always wanted to play with, and it just didn't get any better than being able to cover a Rolling Stones song. I feel like it pushes the edge and the limit for me, in reference to what people probably expect from me. So this was so many cool things in one. It was a huge honour, and then creatively I just got to really have some fun that I don't usually do in my music."

Listen below.

Labels: , , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage