Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Video: Carly Rae Jepsen - Your Type

Rippling synths, lovelorn lyrics, a moody bassline - Your Type is the archetypal sadbanger.

"I miss you, I mean it, I tried not to feel it / But I can’t get you out of my head," sings Carly Rae Jepsen (for it is she). "And I want you to miss me / When I’m not around."

Unsurprisingly, it was written in Sweden, where happy pop songs are actually banned by law. Rami Yacoub is the man responsible, having cut his teeth on pouty pop classics like ...Baby One More Time, Overprotected and Stronger for a certain Ms Britney Spears.

The video, which was released today, is a total blubfest. Get your Kleenex ready.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage