Monday, March 21, 2016

Iggy Azealea sounds embattled

"Yeah, baby I got me / And that's all I need / Only friend I see / Playing on my team."

Those are some pretty lonely lyrics, no matter how defiantly they're presented. But then, the star openly admits 2015 - which involved multiple Twitter "beefs", accusations she had appropriating black culture and an abruptly cancelled tour - was a toughie.

"If I could, I would Men in Black memory-erase 2015, I totally would - that would be amazing!" she recently told Elle Canada. "I spent a lot of energy last year trying to explain my side of the story because I thought, 'If you could just understand my side, surely you'd agree with me.' But some people aren't ever going to agree with you - and that's just life."

Things are looking up now, though. After scrapping six months of work, she's finally finished her second album, Digital Distortion (surely a reference to her Twitter troubles), and the lead single, Team, topped Billboard's trending charts as soon as it was released this weekend.

Maybe she's not as alone as she thought.


As you can see, that's not the "proper" video. As part of what is no doubt a carefully-coordinated media strategy, she will perform the song on Jimmy Fallon this week before unveiling an official video later in March.

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage