Friday, August 5, 2016

Banks deposits new single, Gemini Feed

If you wondered why Banks's second album was called The Altar, now you have an answer: It's a lyric from her new single, Gemini Feed.

But the singer hasn't suddenly found happiness and tied the knot. Oh my, no.

Here's how it goes:

And to think you would get me to the altar
Like I follow you around like a dog that needs water
But admit it, that you wanted me smaller
If you would have let me grow
You could have kept my love

As usual, then, she's wearing her heart (and her psychology degree) on her sleeve. Yet the song is neither as dark nor as self-destructive as the first taster of her new album - Fuck With Myself. In fact, in Banks's world this is a positive ray of sunshine.


Premiering the track on Annie Mac's Radio 1 show, Banks said writing the new album helped her "come out of a depression" and gave her a major confidence boost.

"I've gone through a lot the last few years, my life has changed a lot," she said. "I've confronted new obstacles and new relationships. I had so much to write about.

"This album, for me, is a metamorphosis. I feel more empowered. In my past, I've wanted to hide a little bit, and this album is me solidly standing on pavement and taking up space. I think you can hear it in the vocals and the songs."

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage