Tuesday, June 6, 2006

No way!

Have you seen that advert where thousands of coloured balls bounce down the hills of San Francisco? You know, the one that looks like this:

loads of balls


When I first came across it, I was impressed but not overwhelmed. "Wouldn't it have been better," I thought, "if they'd really done it, instead of making it all up with CGI?"

Well, guess what? They did do it for real!

Apparently, more than 170,000 balls were fired into the air - and the film-makers only had one chance to film it. Sony have even produced a making-of video, the best moment of which comes when the production team at the bottom of the hill belatedly realises that standing in the path of several thousand speeding plastic globes might cause some serious hurting!

As I'm so good to you, I've reproduced the video here for instructional purposes:


I wonder if little bouncy balls will keep turning up in San Franciscans' shoes and spaghetti sauces for years to come?

  • Read more about the film at the Bravia Advert website

    Labels: , ,


  • << Home

    Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

    © 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage