Monday, September 3, 2007

MP3 Frenzy: Utterly random September edition

It's been a long while since I posted a batch of fresh MP3s for your aural pleasure, so here is a selection of the songs I've been playing in the last 24 hours (I left out the Hootie and the Blowfish song, for reasons of taste and decency).

Gabrielle - Why?
I know what you're thinking: Gabrielle? Why? If I told you the song also features Paul Weller, you'd probably be sick into your shoes. But guess what? It's actually really good. So Ner ner ner ner ner to you.

Reverend and the Makers - He Said He Loved Me
I warned you all about this weeks ago. It is still brilliant, and headed north in the charts as we speak.

Groove Armada - Song 4 Mutya (Panic Remix)
This is the extended version of my favourite song of the summer, Groove Armada's Out of Control (Song 4 Mutya). This is a perfect example of how extended mixes used to be in the 1980s, teasing out all the hidden elements of the song into a joyous six-minute dance epic (I particularly love the New Order-esque guitar riff). This mix is also a little bit faster than the original, so your toes may get fatigue from all the tapping.

Bruce Springsteen - The E Street Shuffle
Don't laugh. I was brought up on the Boss and the Boss = ace.

Jennifer Lopez - Do It Well
This is the new single from Jennifer Lopez who, as we all know, is a triple threat. This means she can sing, dance and act, not that she is a terrorist who picks on the handicapped and rapes goats. Probably.

ZZT - Lower State of Consciousness (Justice Remix)
Here we have an instrumental remix of a song I have never heard by a band I know nothing about. It is rather splendid.

The Tough Alliance vs. Taken By Trees - Taken Too Young
An exceptionally pretty / haunting europop cacophony, with "ethnic" percussion, a spooky children's choir and a gossamer melody. It's beautiful, although ultimately destined for a Hed Kandi chillout compilation and nothing else.

All of the songs can be downloaded in one handy batch from zShare or megaupload. You can thank me later.

(Some of these songs were discovered on Pitchfok and disco delicious and Arjan Writes. So thank you to them.)

Labels: , , , , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage