Friday, February 22, 2008

Goldfrapp: Three days to go

I have been very, very good about not listening to leaks of the fourth Goldfrapp album, Seventh Tree (I was first offered a pirated copy at the beginning of December!) It's finally out on Monday and I'm going to be first in the queue at HMV, having pulled an all-night Oscars shift at work on Sunday...

However, I have allowed myself to listen to the album's opening track, Clowns, as it has been officially released as a B-side to the A&E single. It as beautiful and ethereal as you could ever wish a pop song to be. On this evidence, the album is going to be as elegant and delicate as a butterfly, only with synthesizers and a banjo.

Here is a video:

Goldfrapp - Clowns


Oh, and in case you couldn't quite make out those mumbly lyrics, here they are in complete typed-out format.

Only clowns would play with those balloons
What'd ya wanna look like Barbie for?
Dear oh Lord, it's easy

Roasting, roasting, roast indeed, mahogany
Titties that live on on and on, on and on

Only clowns would play with those balloons
What'd ya wanna look like Barbie for?
Passive when I'm in record day & night
I'm watching you.


Super and, indeed, duper.
[via XO's Middle Eight]

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage