Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What are the Kooks trying to tell us?

Here are some scenes from the new Kooks video, Always Where I Need To Be. But what the heck do they mean?



Hello! We are the Kooks. Doing musics is hard.


The song has only started, but I need a rest. Phew, readers, it is tough being a musician with carefully messed up hair.


Okay, we are back playing our song again. But we cannot look at each other because we are concentrating so very hard on being cool.


Look! I have stolen Liam Gallagher's jacket from 1996!
Am I a proper musician now?






We have seen and enjoyed episodes of The Monkees.


Hey guys, I am combing my hair! Only joking!!!!!!!!!!


This is Joe Strummer.
We are not even in the same league as Joe Strummer.


Well, that was educational, eh? Surprisingly, I do not absolutely hate this song, even if the band are trying way to hard to say "look, that stuff about us going to stage school deosn't mean we're not a proper band, okay?"

The Kooks - Always Where I Need To Be


Mind you, if we're talking indie rock, the new record by Manchester also-rans Elbow is a million times better. It's like the Strokes buggering Moby with a harmonica. IE - amazing.

Elbow - Grounds For Divorce

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage