Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gig review: Duffy in a Bush

Disclaimer: This review is based on having seen four whole songs, as I also had to see Avril Lavigne at the O2 (and the less said about that fiasco, the better). Accordingly, here are my impressions in bullet point form:

  • Duffy's hair is entirely independent of Duffy herself
  • Duffy was wearing ruby slippers like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.
  • Consquently, it looked like Judy Garland had been eaten by an Afghan Hound.
  • Which led to the following image in my Guinness-fuelled nightmare last night:



  • Nonetheless, the singing Afghan was very good (she didn't bark once)
  • Set closer Distant Dreamer was the stuff of legend. Proper tingles went up my spine.
  • It should be the next single, not Stepping Stone or Serious, despite what her record label thinks
  • I have never seen a crowd leave a venue so quickly in my life. I suspect they had to get home to pay the babysitter before 11.
  • The end.

    Labels: , ,


  • << Home

    Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

    © 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage