Friday, October 9, 2009

Cheryl Cole: 3 Words album review



In a blur of technology, I have just listened to Cheryl Cole's new album and posted my instant ("rubbish and hastily-formed") opinions on Twitter. If you missed this thrilling track-by-track nail-biter, allow me to recreate it for you here:



Looking back over those comments, I don't think it comes across that I genuinely liked the record, which is a proper, coherent work of modern pop. Cheryl's personality comes across in a way it never has on Girls Aloud's records - and while that personality is just the soppy, stroppy, clothes-shoppy girl we see on The X Factor, it's nice that some thought has been put into the lyrics.

It is also worth bearing in mind that it took a couple of weeks for me to "get" Fight For This Love, so Cole's album could be 100% brilliant (although that seems unlikely given the involvement of Taio Cruz and one of the Bedingfields). But, as Victoria Beckham can attest, it could all have been much, much worse.

For now: 6/10. I'll let you know if that changes.

See also: This review on Karinski.net

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage