Thursday, December 3, 2009

New music: Brother Ali

The blog might be a bit light on text for the next week, as I've temporarily lost the use of my left hand due to a collision between my bicycle and the milky bar kid (don't worry, he's okay). I can still copy and paste with my "good" hand, though, so here's a new discovery for you: Brother Ali - a legally blind, albino rapper from Minneapolis. His single, Fresh Air, has all the slinky funk chops you'd expect of an artist hailing from the twin cities and, yes, he namechecks Prince. Good boy.

There's no video as far as I can tell, but this live performance - from local radio station The Current - is just lovely.

Brother Ali - Fresh Air

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage