Friday, September 3, 2010

This would appear to be a clip of Cheryl Cole's new single

In what is either a massive breach of protocol or a clever bit of PR to distract attention from today's decree nisi, a snippet of Cheryl Cole's new single, Promise This has appeared on the internets.

Cheryl Cole - Promise This


Assuming the clip has been taken down by the time you read this, here's what you missed.

Prologue: A man says, "have you heard this yet? This is one of the songs from..." Another voice (possibly Cheryl's) says, "Are these speakers on? I'm scared... I'm excited but I'm scared"

Introduction: Cheryl, double-tracked up the wazoo, sings "alouette-ette-ette-ette plumerai, plumerai". Therefore, two hit singles this year will have been based on the same French nursery rhyme. What's wrong with Frere Jacques?

Verse: An insistent drum beat, a bleepy synth and Cheryl informing us "In the beginning, there was nothing". That's from the Bible.

Bridge: "Promise this - if I die before I wake". That's from a prayer called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (or, if you prefer, Enter Sandman by Metallica).

The End: The mobile phone recording the track is switched off before we get to the chorus. Boooo!

Tabloid conclusion: TV Girl CHERYL COLE has FOUND RELIGION after her NEAR-DEATH experience with a tropical DISEASE.

Fan site conclusion: OMZG that is totes amazing n I want to hear moar!!!!!!1

My conclusion: Sounds alright, doesn't it?

Labels: ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage