Friday, October 8, 2010

The cover version of the year

Bolton folk-rock tunesmiths Cherry Ghost are one of those bands I always see on festival line-ups but never get round to checking out. My mistake, because they've been playing this superlative cover version as part of their live set for years.

I don't want to spoil the surprise - but your breath will be taken away by this moody rewrite of a massive 90s club track. See how long it takes you to guess what it is.

Cherry Ghost - ?????


Pretty special, right?

According to Cherry Ghost's official website, the track will be released on 12" vinyl next month, as the B-side to forthcoming single, We Sleep On Stones. I'm putting my pre-order in today.

Labels: ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage