Friday, February 3, 2012

NSFW? Andrew in Drag

One of the songs we had played at our wedding was The Magnetic Fields' magnificent The Book Of Love, which appealed to our juvenile sense of humour, Kaye's love of all things literary, and a general desire to prick the pomposity of the marriage ceremony:

The book of love is long and boring
No-one can lift the damn thing
It's full of charts and facts and figures
And instructions for dancing
But I love it when you read to me
And you can read me anything

The band have released a new single today. It would also be appropriate for a wedding - albeit a slightly less traditional ceremony. It's about singer Stephin Merrit falling in love with his best friend when he sees him dressed as a woman. "He's the only man I'd ever shag," he notes.

Coincidentally, the subject of the song has the same name as my best man... But I've seen Andrew in drag and it did nothing for me.

The Magnetic Fields track has a great video, which is basically an instruction manual for dragging up. But there's some "mild nudity", so maybe wait til you're at home before clicking the play button.

The Magnetic Fields - Andrew In Drag

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage