Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Justin Timberlake brings the good vibes, buys Coco Pops

Isn't it strange to live in a world where JT is pop's second best Justin? I don't think any of us saw that coming.

Anyway, old trousersnake wants to correct that temporary rift in the fabric of the musical universe, so he's putting a phenomenal amount of effort into promotiong his new single, Can't Stop The Feeling, performing it at Eurovision, playing with Anna Kendrick at the Cannes Film Festival and popping up on Ellen to premiere the video.

The campaign is so overwhelming that I checked to see whether Justin has a financial interest in the Trolls movie (from which the song hails). But no. He just really, really believes in it.

I didn't, at first. It feels like the default Justin Timberlake song. The one you get after you replace his batteries and reboot his operating system. But after a few listens, it's really grown on me (and I'm not alone - Justin is number one in the midweek chart update). Can't Stop The Feeling is that rare thing: A citrus sunburst of positivity, all smiles and sunny vibes.

Wisely, the video capitalises on that. Much like Pharrell's Happy, it features a cast of normals shaking their "thang" to the irresistible groove (my favourite is Philip).

It's so infectiously joyous I almost started dancing on the train. But, being British, I just tapped my toes and hoped no-one noticed.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage