Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Miley Cyrus improves Malibu (but only slightly, because it was already pretty good)

On record, Miley Cyrus's new single, Malibu, is a cautious return to her country roots - but it's only the beat that stops it from going full Carrie Underwood, so this acoustic performance on US radio exposes the song's true nature.

And that is definitively not a negative comment. If anything, Miley's intimate declarations of contentedness sound even more genuine in this setting.


Isn't that nice? Even the moronic back announcement from the host can't spoil it.

On a side note, I was pleased to hear Miley had eschewed collaborators on her new album... especially after it was reported that hit singles now have an average of four and a half writers each.

Miley explained her decision to fly solo on another US radio show, 95.5 PLG LIVE.

"This is the first record I've written everything by myself, and that was important for me. I have a hard time co-creating because [other writers] don't really know what I've gone through. Don't know my life, don't know what it's taken to get here. I just feel I know myself the best."

Her argument is diluted slightly by the fact Malibu lists one other person on the credits - but it turns out Oren Yol is her producer, who just helped out here and there with the arrangement, so that's ok.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage