Thursday, May 11, 2017

Tove Styrke's new video is a riot

Say My Name - the new single from Sweden's Tove Styrke - is far and away my most-played single of the moment. A playful, bouncy pop number with a killer lyric ("say my name, wear it out like a sweater that you love"). It's everything a pop song should be in 2017.

The video has just "dropped", and it's a hyperactive riot of colour. Here's what she said to me about it in an (unpublished) excerpt from this interview.

"It’s very colourful and we’ve used a lot of tricks – like optic tricks with mirrors. I really love using mirrors, because I can sing into the camera through a mirror, and that way I’m looking at both the audience and also on myself. It’s a self-love , self-appreciation kind of vibe. The video’s going to be so awesome. I can’t wait for people to see it."

Say My Name is currently Greg James' record of the week on Radio 1. Fingers crossed that propels it towards the top 40 - because Tove is a proper pop star in waiting.

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage