Friday, February 24, 2006

I started something I couldn't finish

morrisseyWho'd have thought that Morrissey and Victoria Beckham would share a taste in books? Even though what that boils down to is a mutual aversion to reading.

Posh admitted to a Spanish journalist last year, "I haven't read a book in my life." And in an interview with True to You this week, Moz claimed, "I don't read fiction. What's the point? The basic details of my own life are stranger than anything I ever come across in modern fiction."

Mind you, if Morrissey's having trouble finishing books, he's got no-one to blame but himself. "With any book, I start at the final chapter and work my way to the first," he says. "This is probably a sickness."

It might not be a bona-fide illness (unless being deliberately perverse is some kind of neurological affliction) but it's certainly not going to help you follow the plot, is it?

In the end, though, you've got to admire a man who believes his own life story is stranger than the contents of an entire novel read in reverse order. Especially if that novel is Sophie's World.

  • True to you

    Labels: , ,


  • << Home

    Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

    © 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage