Wednesday, July 26, 2006

End of an era!

Guess where I ended up tonight?



In Studio Three of BBC Television Centre, trying to muscle my way into shot on the final ever Top of the Pops!!

To be honest, it was a bit of an anti-climax. There were no bands, only video clips, and an array of aging TOTP presenters.

Surely they could have managed to book someone on the show - if not Robbie or Madonna, I'm sure Chico would have done it.

In the end, though, it was quite a nostalgic night. The staff were very emotional (although speculating that they'd be back within two years) and the presenters seemed genuinely fond of the show they were saying goodbye to.

"Maybe we should just say 'See you next week'," laughed Mike Read as they prepared to read out the closing link.

If only they could...

  • Read my 'professional' summary of the night's events here

    PS I couldn't quite hear him over the screaming teens, but I'm sure Reggie Yates said that the programme would be back for a one-off look at the singles of 2006. Does this mean we get the Christmas Day show, after all? I do hope so!

    Labels: , ,


  • << Home

    Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

    © 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage