Friday, July 21, 2006

Especially for me


The problem with starting work at 6:30 is that you're awake and near a computer when the booking lines for big concerts open.

You also lack the clarity of thought to stop you spending £49 plus booking fee, plus postage on tickets.

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of two passes to see Kylie at Wembley on January 3rd 2007!

Apparently, I'm quite lucky - as they sold out in ten minutes, and most people couldn't even access the bookings direct website.

The site is as slow as a snail with learning difficulties right now, but apparently tickets for the 5th and 6th of January have just been added and gone on sale!

Speaking about the concerts a couple of days ago, the teeny-tiny songstrel said: "I'm as prepared as I can be, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to do everything that I did before".

"I said, 'You know what, maybe we won't have quick changes, we'll have slow changes. And maybe even a little chair.'"

If she doesn't do Hand On Your Heart I'll storm out in a big girly huff.

UPDATE:
The tickets for 5th and 6th January are sold out too, and final dates have been announced for the 8th and 9th. I got an email from Wembley at 13:40 saying there were fewer than 1,000 tickets left for both of those dates...

Meanwhile there is controversy about the whole debacle on the intranots.

"What is it with this women, she's jus got over her cancer and you can tell she's back on form, cos she wants £50 per ticket to see her in January, No wonder she can afford the very best in medical treatment," says Phil McCracken (ho ho) on the Popjustice forums.

"'I nearly DIED so I am making my tickets £25!' Sure." replies badjelly.

"It could have been a lot worse than £50. The shows would have sold out (which they have already) for over £100," says Dazzle, sensibly.

Over on Kylie's site, Nickass says: "Just went on ebay to find 15 pages of tickets no wonder everyone had so much trouble". Although, to be fair, their are only 38 pairs of tickets on the auction site right now, which is 0.001% of the 60,000 seats available.

Meanwhile, Summer 75 sums the whole affair up by saying "Europe is standing by Kyle's side".

It is unconfirmed at this point who Kyle is, and what he has done with our pop princess.

Labels: ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage