Friday, January 11, 2008

Cardigans best of & Send your questions!

I am totally in love with the hand-drawn artwork for the Cardigan's forthcoming best of collection:



The 21-track compilation doesn't include any new songs but, for everyone except their diehard fans, the last half of the CD is likely to be unfamiliar territory, drawn as it is from the band's two most recent albums, which sold approximately nine copies in the UK.

Don't be fooled by the sales figures, though, as the Swedish fivesome are one of those bands who get better and better as they mature - even if they have turned into a right old bunch of miseryguts, ditching love songs for odes to domestic violence:

Love me, love me
Say that you love me
(Lovefool - 1996)

I never quite knew how it feels
When love makes you wake up sore
With fists that are ready for more
(And Then You Kissed Me - 2003)


I do hope the release of a greatest hits doesn't mean they're splitting up, but given that their website constantly repeats the assertion they won't be touring this year, adding that singer Nina Persson has gone back to her side project A Camp, I'm not that hopeful.

However, I have been promised an interview with the band over the next couple of weeks, so if you have any questions you'd like to ask drop a note in the comments box.

Nothing about Lovefool, though. Apparently they hate it.

UPDATE: The finished article was published in March 2008. You can read it here.

Labels: ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage