Thursday, January 10, 2008

Super Mario Chortle

I am now the proud owner of 87 stars on Super Mario Galaxy, which I have been playing on my Wii so hard that my elbow is about as useful as that bit of string holding two raw sausages together.

It is fabulous, by the way. Full of glorious technicolour landscapes and unfettered imagination, unlike all those XBox games set in a disused factory, a brown desert or - for variety - a disused factory in a brown desert.

It also feels like a proper game, full of exploration and innovation - particularly when it plays fast and loose with the rules of gravity. At no point do you have to run down a corridor and shoot forty identical zombies working for a faceless corporation in a dystopian version of the future.

There is also a planet shaped like a lady.

But I'm not going to attempt a full review because (a) the game is two months old and (b) I've just stumbled across this drily sardonic video review, which caused me to bellow a guffaw across the office (nb: not a euphemism for farting).



Good, huh? The reviewer in question, Yahtzee, has a whole archive of similarly mirthsome reviews. The archive is available here.

And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's a snippet of Mario action:

Super Mario Galaxy - Trailer

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage