Friday, April 11, 2008

This is the remix

For the last three weeks, I've been spending all of my spare time (well, the bits where I wasn't drinking, at least) fixing up my Janet Jackson remixology. For those of you who haven't ventured over to the links on the top right of the page, it's an obssessive-compulsive list of all the official remixes of Janet's 55 singles to date. Some of them are great. Others, particularly from the last couple of years, are awful...

Anyway, to celebrate Janet's belated return to form with Feedback, I rejigged the site to make it look a bit less like it came from the animated gif days of 1994. Inside you'll find details of about 450(!) remixes. Or, to put it another way, details of my wasted life and squandered money. There are also audio clips from each track and a list of fake and bootleg recordings for the completist in you.

The pages start over here. Please check them out and send me any feedback - particularly if I've messed up somewhere.

In the meantime, here's a video for one of Janet's best-ever remixes, the 12" R&B mix of Alright, from 1990.

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage