Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beyoncé videos appear in pairs

Black and white music videos are great, aren't they? They're so much more serious and earnest than those attention-seeking colour ones. When I watch a black and white music video, I can relax, confident in the knowledge that I'm being culturally enriched by a weighty, considered piece of film like Schindler's List or Citizen Kane.

Luckily for me, Beyoncé has filmed both of her new videos in black and white. One is for a slow song and is sad :( One is for a fast song and really just Beyoncé dancing - but in monochrome, so it can't just be a glorified shampoo commercial, can it?

Here are they both:

Beyoncé - If I Were A Boy


Beyoncé - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)


Of course, Laurel and Hardy made movies in black and white, too.

EDIT: According to this website Beyoncé's new album is a double. The first disc, I Am Beyoncé, is all ballads; the second, I Am Sasha, is uptempo dance "numbers". This is either genius or the sort of unhinged lunacy we'd expect from R Kelly (or secret option c: it's completely made up).

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage