Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crow, darling, I was blind to let you go

Sheryl Crow and Michael Jackson and some wigsI've already written about Sheryl Crow once today, and now Billboard reports she's recorded a cover of the Jackson 5's I Want You Back for her new album, 100 Miles From Memphis.

Jacko fans will know this isn't the first time she's sung the Motown classic. Under the name Shirley Crow, she was a backing singer on the star's 1989 Bad Tour - where the song was performed as part of a Jackson medley.

"It's definitely an homage," she told Billboard. "The guy gave me my first job in the business and was incredibly generous with his talent with me."

Crow added that the Jackson 5's self-titled debut "was the first album I ever owned".

As great as Sheryl Crow's earlier work is (Every Day Is A Winding Road is one of my all-time favourite bongo jams), I reckon she'll be hard-pressed to better this cover version of I Want You Back by Dutch singer Trijntje Oosterhuis.

Trijntje Oosterhuis - I Want You Back


Boring fact: I came across this song on the in-store PA system of Norwegian knick-knack emporium Design Torget. Shazam is great, isn't it?

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage