Thursday, July 8, 2010

Listen to this: Sparks vs Katie Melua

A match made in pop heaven


Pop overlords Sparks have taken their electrical toolkit to Katie Melua's new single, A Happy Place, and created something really quite astonishing.

I have listened to this remix 10 times in a row, and I'm still not sure (a) what I'm hearing, or (b) how to describe what I'm hearing.

It's a beautiful cacophony. A Bontempi organ cycling through it's demo modes. A four-minute wow machine. Alice In Wonderland's tension headache. A swarm of crickets flying through a field of cymbals. The history of pop on a psychedelic roundabout.

A disaster. A triumph. A disastrumph.

Oh, I give up. Listen to the song and draw your own conclusions.

A Happy Place - Sparks Vs. Melua by Katie Melua

Labels: , , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage