Monday, December 9, 2013

When is a supergroup not a supergroup?

When I first clicked on this video, I was expecting a new song by Denmark's . As it played out, I thought to myself, "This is incredible. How on earth did she manage to get Katy Perry, Ella Eyre and Jessie Ware to lipsync to this song?"

It slowly dawned on me that this was a different Mo. They're a British trio, Frankee, Nadine and Annie, who rose from the embers of two girl bands - Duchess and "I Left My Heart In Tokyo" hitmakers Mini Viva.

They're a little more sleek and urban than their provenance would suggest. On Ya, the single you're about to hear, reminds me of 90s R&B trios Jade and SWV. It's good enough to fill the void until the Katy/Ella/Jessie supergroup (aka "Peyreryware") finally arrives.

MO - On Ya

Labels: , ,


<< Home

Newer Posts ::: Older Posts

© 2014 Discopop Directory | Contact editor@discopop.co.uk | Go to the homepage